That being said, I have been researching an alternative to homestyle, "fattening" banana bread. Traditional recipes are filled with a whole mess of flour, butter, and sugar that I want nowhere near this body of mine. I finally found a recipe that seemed to have everything I was looking for! I mixed it up a little bit to make it my own, and here it is!
What you'll need:
- 2 cups of almond meal* or almond flour*
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar (you can also use brown sugar)
- 3 medium-sized extra ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
* The only difference between almond meal and almond flour is the consistency of each. Almond meal has larger flakes of shaved almonds, whereas almond flour is a very fine powder.
The whole time this was baking, the rich aroma of cinnamon and vanilla wafted through my entire house. I almost couldn't let it finish baking, it smelled soooo good!
This recipe is so simple and I'm thrilled with how it turned out :) Enjoy!!!