Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Sugar Cookies

In my opinion, fall is the most incredible time of year. Crisp nights and flushed cheeks, crunchy golden leaves, and a couple of the best holidays around. My personal favorite part is when I get to bring out my fall wardrobe. I mean, hello- boots and scarves everyday?! Yes please. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I seriously adore anything pumpkin. It might be a slight obsession. Pumpkin you-name-it, I love it ;) That being said, I figured I would take advantage of the season and squeeze in as many pumpkin recipes as I can. Bear with me! ;)

This one's for all my lovely bakers. I saw this recipe online somewhere, but when I made it, it was just too bland and boring for my taste. I doctored it up a little bit, and the end result was delicious. These cookies are paleo- if you are not familiar with it, the paleo diet is basically one that excludes all refined sugar, dairy, grain, or legumes of any kind. These cookies also happen to be low-carb, so eat up ;)

These were so easy to make and were rich and comforting. 
I baked them on a chilly fall night and they were perfection.


First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. 

Next, simply mix all these ingredients together:


  • 3/4 cup of creamy almond butter
  • 1 cup of almond flour
  • 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 tsp of baking soda
  • 5 tbs of coconut sugar
  • 3 tbs pure, organic maple syrup 
  • 2 tbs cinnamon
  • 2 tbs of pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tsp of pure, organic vanilla extract

Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper
(or Trader Joe's coconut oil spray if you have it.)





Scoop tablespoon-sized spoonfuls onto paper and sprinkle a pinch of coconut sugar on top. Cook 11-13 minutes or until you notice the edges turning golden brown.



Enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment